Chinese company, Xiaomi, have launched a series of budget phones in the past four months but the company have been keeping mum about their flagship phone, until today. The company announced the MI6, which boasts impressive specs, and features and the phone if expected to retail in India for Rs 25,000.
The smartphone sports a dual camera setup and has capabilities to take portrait shots just like the iPhone 7 plus. This is achieved with the combination of a wide-angle lens and a telephoto lens. To get a better idea as to how these images will look like, Xiaomi released the below image for reference.
Apart from the dual-camera setup, the Mi 6 has the powerful Snapdragon 835 processor and is complimented by 6GB of RAM. It also has a premium 3D glass design, which gives the flagship phone a premium feel which is mostly absent on the company's budget smartphones.
The Mi 6 will be available to purchase in two variants i.e. one with 64GB of internal storage and 128 GB of internal storage. Both variants will have 6GB of RAM and will cost roughly between INR 25,000 to INR 28,000. Xiaomi also announced a special ceramic version that will have a curved ceramic body and will also have 18K gold-plated rims. The Mi 6 Ceramic is priced at approximately INR 29,000 and will have 6GB RAM.
A ‘Silver Edition' of the Mi 6 was also announced which have a similar four-sided 3D curve body like the ceramic variant. Xiaomi founder and CEO Lei Jun said: “Mi 6 is the culmination of our seven years of research and development in the smartphone industry, and represents the pinnacle of our journey thus far. Besides being a performance beast that is powered by a Snapdragon 835, the Mi 6 also demonstrates how we are constantly refining our design and pushing the boundaries of materials technology with the use of four-sided 3D curved glass and ceramic. I'm really excited to join our Mi fans today to introduce Mi 6, which once again defies price expectations, and I'm looking forward to unveiling even more amazing products in the year to come.”
The Xiaomi Mi 6 has a 5.15-inch display and is full-HD with a resolution of 1080X1920. The display on Mi 6 also incorporates technologies that allow the brightness level to start at a much lower level. This is because the display has 4096 levels of brightness that can be tweaked at 0.15nit a level, compared to devices with 256 levels of brightness that only changes 2.3nit at each level.
Key specifications of Mi 6:
• Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with 10nm process technology (Octa-core, max 2.45GHz)
• Kryo 280 micro-architecture, Adreno 540 GPU
• Dual camera with optical zoom
• 12MP wide angle with 4-axis OIS stabilisation + 12MP telephoto
• Portrait Photography with blur effect
• 5.15” display with reduced glare, precise 0.15-nit adjustments (total 4096 brightness levels)
• Four-sided 3D curved glass body, high-gloss stainless steel frame
• 145.17 x 70.49 x 7.45mm
• 6GB LPDDR4x RAM + 64GB or 128GB storage
• 3350mAh high-capacity battery, full-day usage
• Stereo speakers, immersive video and gaming experience
• Under-glass front fingerprint sensor
• Splash-resistant, USB Type-C charging
• Full NFC functionality: Read, write, card emulation
• Available in Black, White, Blue and Silver
• Available in Ceramic with 18-karat gold camera rims
The Mi 6 will be available, starting 28th April across Mi.com, Mi Home stores, and other partner sites. The 6GB + 64GB version is priced at RMB 2,499 (INR 25,000), the 6GB + 128GB version is priced at RMB 2,899 (INR 28,000) and the Ceramic edition is priced at RMB 2,999 (INR 29,000).