Before applying for the Aadhar card it is very important for people applying and even holding Aadhar card to know the important documents needed. Aadhaar card holders, as well as the person applying for the Aadhaar, often get confused about those documents which they need to present to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). So before going to the Aadhar card application centre, and applying for the UIDAI aadhar card or for updating it here is a curated list of documents needed.
As per The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) over 12,000 addresses are updated online in Aadhaar card every day. While applying for Aadhar card various information are required whether it be biometric information such as eye scans, fingerprints and face photographs, or general information such as name, address, date of birth or age, gender, mobile number and email address will be required. These documents are very important.
UIDAI Aadhar card Updates: Proof of address documents
- Bank statement
- Account Statement
- Post Office Account Statement
- Ration card
- Voter ID
- driving license
- Government photo identity card
- No photo ID
- Utility bills such as electricity, water, telephone landline, credit card statement and gas connection bill. These bills should not be more than 3 months old.
UIDAI Aadhar card updates: Proof of identity documents
- Income tax assessment order
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- registered sale / rental agreement
- Photo card issuing postal department, caste and domicile certificate
- A photo card issued by the state government
- Address card issued by the postal department
- A disability ID card or disability certificate issued by concerned State / UT Governments / Administrations
- Passport, Parent’s Passport (in the case of Minor)
- Housing allotment letter issued by the Central / State Government. It should not be more than 3 years old