Cigarette smoking is injurious to health – this fact has been so over-stated it has stopped creating any impact whatsoever on smokers. Nobody really believes they can contract lung cancer till they actually do. Let’s admit it: this particular warning is never taken seriously by anyone. And, that’s understandable because, quite honestly (and thankfully) a lot of smokers end up doing just fine. But, it’s not just in the long run that smoking is affecting you. It is doing terrible things to you every day – things you actually care about.
1. Smoking gives you an awfully bad breath. And chewing mint after you smoke doesn’t really help. It might help you not get caught at home right now, but a few years down the line you’re going to have a constant bad breath and your partner is going to hate getting intimate with you.
2. You don’t even realize how much money you’re burning by smoking. Even if you smoke 10 cigarettes a day, you’re probably spending more than Rs. 100 every day. That counts up to Rs. 3000 per month. Now, imagine how many bills you can pay off in that amount!
3. Studies suggest that non smokers look a lot younger than smokers of the same age. Smoking shows up on your skin faster than it does on your lungs. It makes your skin look wrinkly, old and saggy. So, if you want to look 40 when you’re just 25, go on! But, if you care even a little about looking presentable, quitting seems to be the right decision.
4. Smoking leads to infertility. It causes erectile dysfunction, low sperm count, sperm motility problems and hormonal issues. It really affects your performance in bed and we’re sure you understand how much of a problem it is. Sex is one of the greatest pleasures of life and there is no way you should let it be affected so badly by any unhealthy habit of yours.
5. You may have just started smoking regularly, but before you know it, the damage is going to show up. Your teeth are going to get stained to an ugly yellow and they’re going to rot more as you grow up. Like that image? No? Toss the packet of smokes into the bin, right now!
6. Smoking may be a personal choice, but it becomes a problem when others get affected by it too. Passive smoking is equally harmful. Every time you smoke around people, you reduce their life span too.
7. Smoking reduces your stamina too, in bed and otherwise. If your hectic corporate life doesn’t suck enough, cigarettes make you unhealthier and weaker every day. You’re more immune to contract diseases on a daily basis.
8. And lastly, you should quit because cigarettes are making you dependent. You may think you’re going to quit soon and that occasional smoking wouldn’t really harm you, but before you realize, you’re going to get habitual of it. Being addicted to anything is bad. Don’t let a cigarette control your life.