We know you were always meant to look ridiculously stylish. It’s just that fashion and its perplexing rules came in between. From collars to ties, shirts to shoes—there are so many things a man has to keep in mind while dressing up, that somehow the primary agenda of looking hot takes a backseat. Turns out looking good isn’t really as difficult as we were expecting it to be! These 18 style charts will tell you everything that you had ever wanted to know about dressing up!
1) The right pair of sunglasses according to your face cut can totally bring out your features, thus making it important to know the right sun-glass type for your face!
2) I’m sure you’re familiar with the age old problem of tying a tie. Guess what? It’s hard to believe but there are actually 18 ways of knotting a neck tie. Crazy, isn’t it?
3) Speaking of neck ties, there are also 8 different types of shirt collars that a gentleman should definitely know of, and have at least 3 or more types in their closets.
4) Knowing how to fold a pocket square properly is also an art. It’s more important than you think it is!
5) You cannot possibly risk a messy job of rolling up your sleeves. To know the best way of doing that, try this!
6) The mystery of 3-button rule has finally been solved.
7) There are different types of suit cuts as there are different kinds of fabrics. American or European cut suit or Twill, Houndstooth or pinstripe pattern—know it all here.
8) Here is another guide to different patterns of a man’s most favorite fabric—plaid!
9) Speaking of patterns, this guide will help you combine tricky patterns together. From centre: it will help you pair suit, shirt and tie combos in this very order.
10) Perhaps the most difficult of task of getting ready in the morning for work is to figure out what shirt to wear with which tie. Fret not, for this infographic will help you achieve just that.
11) Fit is the ultimate god! These suit-fitting tricks will save your life, and your job! :D
12) Dress a size more and you’ll look like a kid wearing your dad’s clothes. Wear a size smaller and nobody will take you seriously. Dress just right and see how your life changes…for good!
13) The hem of your pants needs to end at a particular length. What looks good on guys is normally a half break or a quarter break.
14) You have grown up, so should your wardrobe. This helpful graphic will make sure you dress according to your age.
15) When you say that you know nothing about wearing cufflinks, you’re not alone! This guide, however, will make the monumental task seem very easy.
16) Once you’ve figured out your tux/suit, you can now figure out what shoes to pair!
17) Have you ever heard the words business casual, smart casual and semi-formal and exclaimed what the hell are these fancy words? Well, not anymore!
18) Now you know the difference between brogues and wing tips, don’t you?